For Blue Ridge and St. Anne’s-Belfield, the playoffs begin this week.
The Barons and Saints are set to meet Saturday in a win-or-go-home regular season finale of the rivalry that will vault one team in the fourth seed of the Division II playoffs and a likely first round matchup with current No. 1 seed Bishop Sullivan Catholic.
From the VISAA’s spokesman: “Though Trinity appears ahead of Blue Ridge in this week’s ratings, they are statistically eliminated from contention. Even with a win over Covenant and a perfect week by their defeated opponents or bonus-point-providing opponents, Trinity will be behind the winner of STAB-Blue Ridge, whichever it is.”
Saturday’s game, which is always a fun one, just got that much more interesting.
Division II VISAA Ratings
1. Bishop Sullivan Catholic (9-0) 12.22
2. Potomac School (6-2) 11.25
3. Nansemond Suffolk (7-2) 9.33
4. St. Anne’s-Belfield (4-4) 6.00
5. Trinity Episcopal (2-7) 5.44
6. Blue Ridge School (3-5) 4.25